If you seek a smile restoration, it is important to first visit with your dentist to determine what forms of dental damage have occurred. However, if you are missing any teeth, it is imperative that they are replaced immediately. Numerous treatments exist that can give you the aesthetic that you desire as well as a complete smile once more. If you’re looking for a temporary prosthetic, look no further than dentures. Here are just a few of the benefits that they can provide:
– Dentures are form-fitting and comfortable, and they’re designed to fit correctly in your mouth. They’re also easy to remove for nightly cleanings.
– Because dentures can be removed, they are fragile and should be handled with care. Even dropping them once can shatter them.
– Always make sure to clean your dentures every day. This is to remove food debris and prevent contamination from occurring. Ideally, you should soak them in a denture-cleaning solution.
– Stay away from abrasive cleaning products that can damage your dentures. This includes hot water and teeth whitening treatment systems.
– Before inserting your dentures back into your mouth, rinse out your mouth and rinse off the dentures if there any chemicals still lingering on them.
– If you should have an issue with your dentures, do not try to repair them yourself, but rather contact your dentist for the necessary restorations.
– Never leave your dentures sitting out as they can easily dry out and crack.
If you think you need dentures, please call M. W. McConnell, DDS so we can get you in to see Dr. Michael W. McConnell and Dr. Lan-anh T. Bui as soon as possible. Our office is conveniently located in Beavercreek, Ohio. To reach us, call our office at 937-912-0101.