The secret to stopping cavities is extremely simple: prevent them from ever taking hold in your mouth at all. Although easier said than done, preventing cavities truly is a modest task given the amount of tools for fighting back at your everyday disposal. Everything from toothbrushes and dental floss to mouthwash and sugarless gum can aid you in your quest to defeat tooth decay.
Here are just a few excellent tips to help you battle back:
– Visit your dentist at M. W. McConnell, DDS regularly for professional cleanings or oral exams.
– Mouthwash is good for rinsing away bad bacteria and food particles.
– After meals, chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes has been shown to fight cavities.
– Avoid sticky candies, chewy snacks, or other foodstuffs that are difficult to wash away or remove from your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth twice daily with toothpaste that is ADA-approved or dentist recommended.
– Make sure you practice proper etiquette with your brushing tactics including how you brush and how you care for your toothbrush.
– Floss once daily with ADA-approved dental floss or dentist recommended flossing tools.
As long as you take the necessary steps to protect yourself, cavities can be prevented. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. M. W. McConnell, please call our office at 937-912-0101. We are located in Beavercreek, Ohio. We look forward to making your oral health care for the new year the brightest one yet.